This project is read-only.

I've re-released Indihiang with a few bug fixes & improvements

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2011 at 11:20 AM

More info: http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/Indihiang

Hi all, I use this from time to time as it can be quite a handy analysis tool indeed. However, the crashes/exceptions were becoming annoying, so I decided to grab the source and fix some of the issues. Please note: I've only been using it on log files, so I haven't given any attention to reviewing how well the direct connection to IIS works (failed for me). Any help in this regard is most welcome.

I've re-released this version as a single download that you can extract on top of your existing installation, or start afresh (my x86 Release DOES also work on x64!).

All the details (notes, bug fixes & improvements) can be found at the link above. Please let me know how it works for you!

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I think the bulk of the complaints might be the fact they are running it in debug mode on VS (possibly) as I did that myself and ran into issues.   I found loading your application from the original .msi and then going to the wiki and overwritting with newer files seems to work fine.   I also ran this on a VBOX VM with 512MB memory allocate.   You put a LOT of thought in this application.  Both my manager and myself wrote an IIS Log parser but it justs imports the data, while I made mine more dynamic to handle different configs with different fields.  But nothing like this.  Yours would come in real handy for summary reports and quick counts.

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Hi zipdrive, I should clarify (just in case there is some confusion) that I didn't write Indihiang - credit must go to the original author who set up this project on Codeplex (although it appears he's been MIA for some time). I've just taken the source and fixed some of the bugs that were causing it to crash for me.

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I know both vb.net and c#. Seems quite useful tho.

On Sep 2, 2011 3:52 AM, "balint256" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: balint256
>
> Hi zipdrive, I should clarify (just in case there is some confusion) that I didn't write Indihiang - credit must go to the original author who set up this project on Codeplex (although it appears he's been MIA for some time). I've just taken the source and fixed some of the bugs that were causing it to crash for me.
>
>
Sep 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I know both vb.net and c#. Seems quite useful tho.

See what you think of mine at tinyurl.com/resume-jkh .

Thanks.

On Sep 2, 2011 3:52 AM, "balint256" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: balint256
>
> Hi zipdrive, I should clarify (just in case there is some confusion) that I didn't write Indihiang - credit must go to the original author who set up this project on Codeplex (although it appears he's been MIA for some time). I've just taken the source and fixed some of the bugs that were causing it to crash for me.
>
>